River Section is responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of various programs, projects and activities related to river management including coordination and monitoring the implementation of legislation and policies to ensure that the river basin is managed perfectly to the needs of conservation of quantity and quality of water resources. Staffed by a Senior Assistant Director, 2 Assistant Engineer, 2 Technicians and 2 Draftsman.
The river is a valuable asset, not a liability, the river can not be separated from life. River become the main water supply to the domestic water supply, industry and agriculture. Rivers are also important in the generation of hydro-electric energy, fisheries, water transport and recreation, as well as for the needs of the environment to sustain ecological systems and biodiversity. Therefore the river should be preserved and managed.
- Integrated River Basin Management (IRBM)
- River, Basin & Reserve
- Water Quality
- Rules and Guidelines
Project of River Section
- Repair the Edge of Sungai Kurau's at Kg. King Kuala Kurau, Bashah, Kerian District
- Repair the Edge of Sg. Perak at Kg. Batak Rabit, Teluk Intan, Hilir Perak District
- Repair the Edge of Sg. Perak at the Pulau Besar, Perak Tengah District
- River Square at Kg. Hujung Rintis, Kota Setia, Perak Tengah
- Sewage Water Treatment Systems Drainage Outlet of Sg. Kinta at Taman D.R. Ipoh
- Repairing Sg. Perak's Edge at Padang Tenggala, Perak Tengah
- Repairing Sg. Bidor's Edge at Bt. 9 Changkat Jong, Hilir Perak
- Taman Pinggiran Sg. Kinta, Kinta River, Ipoh
- Inflatable Rubber Dam of Kinta River, Ipoh
- The Jetty of Sg. Perak at R & R Sg. Perak, Kuala Kangsar
- Rehabilitation of Sungai Bernam and Sungai Sebong, Hilir Perak
- Sewage Water Treatment Systems of Sungai Kinta Drainage Outlet at Ipoh D.R. Park
The Program Section Of The River
- One Country One River
- Public Awareness
- River Ranger
- Perak River Special
- River Reserve Gazette
- ISO 14001 - Environmental Management (Kinta River)
- JPS @ Community
- BioDcity @ MeruRaya
Initiatives and Innovations
- JPS Report Guidelines to Enforcement Agency.
A guide to the JPS District how to handle JPS report to Enforcement Agencies related to matters that require enforcement action........... More Details
- The Process of Returning the Deposit Money of Sand Acquisition.
A Guide to JPS District about the documents which must be submitted for processing of applications to refund back the deposits of sand acquisition......... More Details
- Love Our River Campaign.
Public awareness of the importance of river conservation that have been implemented from 1993 to 2004 ........ Our River Campaign